Family lunch: Non Traditional Pamamanhikan


So.. the engagement is on, the wedding planning is on.. one thing missing is a family gathering where both of our families meet one another..

We decided to do the family gathering before the year ends, so we planned doing it on December since its 3 months away from the wedding day

We had the solid plan on not doing the traditional pamamanhikan - you know, the family of the guy going to the girl's family house and bring lots of food - I dont think we need that drama. So we just went and reserved a restaurant to hold the gathering.

We had our reservation at Fortune Hongkong Seafood Resto at Balibago, Angeles. We went there a week before the gathering to set up everything from booking a VIP room to choosing the menu.

And then the day came..

Me and Je went ahead to check the place and finalize the menu.. We had 8 dishes on queue and they said it will all be serve 10 - 15mins only after we order.. really??  unbelievable! I mean we went to Dainty before and had 4 dishes on the line and waited an hour for it to be serve.. I asked them many times its its freshly cooked or just microwave food.. they say it will be cooked. wow fast chefs ah..

So we waited for our family to arrived.. 20mins before my family arrived we ordered the food.. and yes in 15 mins one by one the food came.. We first had the soup which is not that hot for a freshly cooked soup.. a bit disappointing..

So my family was 30mins late.. when they came we introduce them to each other then when the whole gang was seated we had some picture taking - only one photo - then began eating..

We ate, didnt really talked about anything, his side only talks to themselves, my side talk only to each other, except for me dad who's so loud teasing the guys

After eating.. we were all quiet. I mean what do we talk about?? I felt that its so awkward and wierd..
I tried asking friends and google about it.. they said we should talk about the wedding plan and budget.. no we do not need that.. I mean.. my wedding, my rules.. I just dont want them to get involve in the planning and budget.. Me and Je are all good on our own.. So we kept quiet

Then my sister brought it up.. So what's the wedding plan??
I said none.. Je was quiet.. then his mom started talking about her opinion.. Then my dad too. Then it kept going for a while and then it became quiet again..

Then my sister brought another question.. so after the wedding where would you live??
I said i dont know yet, Je was quiet.. Then my mom said I was a lazy ass that doesnt know any house chores, then his mom said his son sleeps really late.. blah blah.. they kept going on pointing our selfish behaviors just to make us realise that me and Je should prepare for it.. then I said okay that's it the end.. lets go home..

So we went out and said our goodbyes.. The end!!



MENU
- Fortune Seafood Soup
- Plain Rice
- Fried Pwarn Dumpling
- Steamed Fish Fillet in Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Spring Rolls
- Chicken Fillet Sche Zuan Style
- Chapsuey
- Pecking Duck
- Angus Beef wih Garlic

You Might Also Like

0 comments