Hunt for the Perfect Gown


I think one of the most exciting thing to do in wedding prep is hunting for a perfect bridal gown.
Well in my case I had it the hard and long way!

I know exactly what I wanted for a wedding gown, I want a ball - princess kinda gown, a pure white and sparkly gown. I want it to sparkle every time I move. And of course.. I want it to fit me. lol

Even before planning the whole wedding prep I already search online for a gown, I used to download every beautiful gown I see on the internet.. Then I started considering the money and weighing if I should buy a custom made or a ready made gown..

I asked some of the people around me about their budget for a bridal gown and it costs lots of money. They spent around 60k to 100k+

I dont feel like I need to spend lots of money just for a one day / 5 hour event. And to think of it.. I dont really need to own a gown so I came to the decision of just renting one.

A bridal gown is included in our wedding package with the help of our wedding planner.. So we went there and tried some gowns.. and... nothing fits me :(



Then we went to Plaridel to hunt for a gown, the renting fee is very affordable here and there are beautiful gowns around, only.. the people are rude, they dont even entertain us, I mean duh! I have money! then they said I cannot try the gown because in the first place it wont  fit me, they look at me from head to toe and judge. One woman asked me "para san?" I mean what?? Wedding gown, para san?? so I answered para sa debut ko te! para sayo? she said.. hate that bitch.

Then I went home very frustated and worried that I wont find any gown because nothing might fit me.. is my body that complicated?? really?? :(

Then I went back to Plaridel and look for different shop, and I found a shop with nice people in it. They let me tried one gown and gave me discount. The gown it beautiful so I told them I'd be back once I informed Je about it.



It is a very nice gown, but it doesnt sparkle.. so my hunt continued..

Next day, we went to a shop where they do custom gowns and I decided that that will be my last option, to purchase a made to order gown but that's the very last option.

My dilemma had reached my relatives, one of my cousin, Edit, offered her gown to me so that I can save money. She sent the gown to me to fit it.. and it did not fit me, also its not a ball gown so its not really my type.



lol the struggle is very real in this one..

Then I came to an idea to push my initial plan, to go to Cavite just to rent a bridal gown.. I stalked their facebook account and looked at every photo they have, I picked for the gowns I liked and message it to them, I talked to Je about it and allowed me to go there and gave me the budget.

I asked the help of my friend to hunt this shop and my friends were very supportive and we decided to hit the road and drive for 4 hours just to look for a gown.


We met early in the morning and went straight to Cavite. We had fun bonding in the car while missing Liean who wasn't available that day.. So Kaye did all the driving lols.. Thanks babe!

After a long drive with getting lost on the side..we reached Jessa's Gown shop in Dasmarinias Cavite.. I told them what I want for a gown and showed me one.. then I tried it and it fits me! I was really happy..

The rental fee costs 20k and the pick up sched is March 22nd - one day before the wedding.. I dont think that is a good Idea.. I asked her how much if I buy the gown.. she said 35k.. I told her I'd buy it for 25k straight cash right at that moment and she agreed!!!

So that's it! The gown hunting was done! Kaye drove us back to pampanga and that wasn't easy. Thanks Da and Kaye!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments